Sunday 13 June 2010

SoFoBoMo Week One

The film's director lines up the camera for a take

The Solo Photo Book Month project has started strongly. I need a minimum of 35 photographs for my book detailing the making of the vampire film 'Christian', and i already have around 9 that i am pleased with. The Polaroid look works great too, creating a familiar laid back look to the images. The book layout and design will start next weekend, ready for me to easily add photographs later this month. Alongside the photography, I'm also shooting video on the phone with surprisingly good results.

More photography is on the way. This week, I have a load of promotional photography to take of the various film characters for the posters, website, DVD box cover, etc, etc. I'll be using a combination of digital and film to get those, although it will be the b&w film shots that I'll be paying extra attention too. A mixture of 35mm and 6x6 film will be used for the portraits that will have a Gothic flavour to them. Lighting at night will be tricky but I'll use available street light, portable lights and flash as and when needed. I always adore a lighting challenge.

The weekend has seen me working to rid myself of a bad cold ASAP. I may, or may not, make it to Monday night's shoot. I don't know yet if I'll be fit enough yet, although it seems to be going.... slowly. I suppose that I'll make that decision on Monday morning. Colds are easy to catch, and sadly, less easy to shake off. Fingers crossed i can loose it quickly. I don't want to infect the entire cast and crew with my cold.

No comments: