Wednesday 5 August 2009

Google it

Over the last few months, I've been adding Richard Flint Photography to a number of social networks, the most recent of which is Facebook. The main reason for developing these sites is to gain publicity for my work. They are adverts that may, or may not, create commissions and get new clients. Best of all these sites are free to set up, so for any photographer setting up a business there really is no excuse to not have some sort of online presence.

This week i added Google ads to that list of online promotion. I have to admit that the only reason i did so was because of a Google voucher that entitled me to £50 of free advertising. The only cost i have to bare is a £5.00 set up fee. For an advertising cost that's a pretty good deal. Will it work? Well, it's hard to say at the moment but judging from previous experiences I've had, I'm not too optimistic. You can have a million people view your website, but if no one hires you what exactly have you gained apart from a million people viewing your work. A bit of publicity and that's about it.

I'll be keeping my eye on this over the coming weeks to see if the website viewing statistics change drastically.... if at all.

No comments: