Tuesday 28 April 2009

Three images

USAAF enthusiast at Thorpe Abbotts airfield, Norfolk, July 2007

This photograph was taken at the remarkable Thorpe Abbotts museum on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. I'd just arrived when this guy appeared with this lady (his wife i presume) whose job was to take photographs of him.

The images were to be recreations of old photographs and were all worked out to get the exact angles and viewpoints used in the originals USAAF wartime photographs -you can see her holding the old photos in her left hand.

I, being cheeky, decided to take some photographs of my own - me, creating an image of him attempting to recreate an image from another image.

1 comment:

Stephen Carr said...

That's me and my Jeep, back in 2007. Here's my picture - https://www.sacarr.co.uk/mymvs/events/2007/ta/100thb.jpg