Thursday 10 July 2008

Five dogs

Boat traveling into Wroxham on the Norfolk Broads

Being aware of what's going on around you is key to getting great images. This image was taken on a walk along the side of the broad going out of Wroxham. As I walked through a wooded area, I saw this boat heading along the broad and instantly noted the number of dogs on board. Initially I thought there were four but if you look closely you will notice that the boat's doggy crew numbers five. The man at the helm looks an interesting character too.

It's not a perfect image, slightly unsharp due to the slowish shutter speed combined with the movement of the boat... and the light quality that day was terrible. Considering, though, that it was a 'grabbed' shot (so you either get it or not) I think I did manage to get a decent image.

Seeing the boat approaching through some nearby trees, I actually had to dash back to where the path went along by the water to get this photograph. I fired the camera off without checking any settings as he was due to disappear under a railway bridge within seconds.

No comments: