Saturday 10 May 2008

Two and a quarter

Out and about near Wolverhampton race course

The weekends were often dull during my student days. You had to fill in that spare time so I would often go out for walks with a camera just to see what i could find; this image was taken during one of those walks.

I don't think that this guy ever knew that his picture was being taken. He was so deep in his own thoughts that he was oblivious to me taking his photograph. I was just walking along by the canal and saw him leaning against the bridge wall. I took two images in quick succession and then left him to his thoughts.

The camera was a Yashica 124G medium format camera that produces 6x6cm ( or two and a quarter inch) negatives. This summer will see me shoot more on this format which I've really grown to love.

No comments: