Sunday 15 July 2007

Fifty Percent confused

Digital or film? A ship anchored in The Wash off the North Norfolk coast.

I must admit that sometimes i feel like a complete photographic dinosaur when i say i still use film. I bumped into a few photographers ( amateurs mainly) during the trip and the look of surprise when they saw a Nikon F3 or F5 was surprising to me!

Digital certainly seems to be the photographic medium of today taking over from film fast but every now and again i see digital processes like High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography and i just end up thinking ' wouldn't it have been easier to shoot on film'!

Don't get me wrong! I love my D2H and the recent trip to Norfolk saw me shoot 50 percent of my work on that digital camera. However the other 50 percent of shooting was done using my F3,F4 and F5 loaded with Ilford Pan F, FP4 and HP5 and i don't see that ratio changing much in the next couple of years. I'm actually aiming at purchasing another F3HP and F5/F6 this year.

Oh and the answer to the digital or film question is.... ALL the Norfolk images posted so far were shot digitally.

No comments: